Staffman Rocks

Hardworking attorney / man of the people / super-hero to fans of 1963 Ford Fairlanes.

Monday, April 23, 2007

10th and L - O - V - I - N - G it, NW

Ok, so it's been awhile. Not just awhile. A year and a half. Maybe more, as most people can attest, I'm not very good at math. Here's a brief synopsis of this life of mine:

1) got a girlfriend. That was the beginning of the end of the blogging... I blame you, the reader. None of you are sleeping with me, and therefore I am less motivated to entertain you than the girlfriend.

2) got a clerkship with an absolutely amazing judge. He's phenomenal and by that I mean the man can do the legal equivalent of walking on water... I'm not exactly sure what that is, but I think it might have something to do with being able to explain the Rule Against Perpetuities in one breath..

3) moved to South Carolina to take the clerkship where I spent a pretty great 14 months. Saw the fam, developed an appreciation for the irony inherent in Civil War reenactments (with my main man Spike), and developed an unhealthy obsession with Mustard Based barbecue. Then again, it is nearly impossible to have a healthy relationship with any form of smoked pork.

4) lost girlfriend. 450 miles of interstate between you will do that. We gave it the ol' college try, though, as my 2006 Honda Civic with 40,000 miles on it will attest.

5) moved back to D.C. to take the same job I left nigh on a year ago. I love how life (and my resume) has a way of displaying continuity...

So, I'm back and my situation is much better than before. I, once again have my own place... (While I was in SC, I either roomed with undergrads, graduates, or my parents... all of which have stories to be told... none of which will be told now). This place is pretty spectacular for DC: I can walk to work, it has a (very small) second bedroom for friends, and the price was able to be negotiated because of the general collapse of the condo market here. Yay general collapse of the condo market.

So, I've been scouring the D.C. metro area for furniture and other such necessities (one of which I can't seem to get right is curtains... you're welcome across the street peeping tom neighbor guy). Anyway, most of my furniture will be delivered Wednesday and I will give you an update on it. Some of you old schoolers may remember the last time I bought furniture and you may be thinking quietly "hey man, I thought that guy bought some sweet furniture". I did. Ex-girlfriend sold it. Yet another story to be told at a later, less interesting interval in my life...

Anyway, that's enough to shake the rust off. I'll probably post again soon, but one of you is going to have to step up and start putting out.

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger broccoflower said...

Wow.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger TheRealDookie said...

Positives:

1) You were away so long you waited out the need to edit the "about me" section of your blog.

2) You finally have your own place, and with it hopefully comes the resurgence of the on-the-ceiling mirror.

3) The law of diminishing marginal utility clearly does not apply to your second signing bonus.

4) Both sides of the Civil War won battles within an hour's drive of D.C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home