Staffman Rocks

Hardworking attorney / man of the people / super-hero to fans of 1963 Ford Fairlanes.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

D.C. is cosmopolitan

And by that I mean crawling with people not from here, like me. I recognize my posts have been too long lately, so this one will be short. I was wandering around Chinatown yesterday and happened upon some kind of team from Uruguay.

"But Staffman," you ask, "how do you know they were from Uruguay, let alone a team or something?" Simple. They were wearing matching sweat suits that all said "Uruguay" on them. Also there was some sort of logo on the sweat suits.

Anyway, these were all tall guys... much taller than I, so I'm thinking maybe basketball. One of them came up to me and asked if his minivan (I know... they had a minivan. It was a Dodge. Who knew?) would be ok parked where it was. How was I supposed to know? I just got here. I said, I'm not sure, you'll have to ask the people at the restaurant in front of which we were standing.

Uruguay guy then wanted to know where he could get pizza by the slice "around here". I assumed he meant Chinatown. I don't believe you can get pizza by the slice in Chinatown, but didn't want to mislead him, so I said "I'm not sure, I just got here." He asked where I came from. I said "South Carolina". He said "Go back to South Carolina... you are useless here." Seriously, some giant Uruguayan basketball player go told me to go home. Whatever, dude, there are like 20 of you jackasses. Go buy a whole pizza.

P.S. In an unrelated vein, I saw a very gay guy walking down the street. He was talking on the phone and this is a direct quote "Coach is nice... but it's no Gucci." He must have offended someone because 10 seconds later he said, "no, no Coach is nice..." like three times. Now you know: Coach is ok, but it's no Gucci.

2 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger broccoflower said...

Gay man is right on. I don't think Gucci is all that great, though-- too easy to knock off. Give me Chanel or Dior any day!

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I guess I'm not the only person in the world with a rental minivan -- me and the Uruguaynian basketball team. But I'm nicer than he was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home