Staffman Rocks

Hardworking attorney / man of the people / super-hero to fans of 1963 Ford Fairlanes.

Monday, March 21, 2005

NIT(e) of a Lifetime


Vandy won!!! I know I shouldn't be so excited about beating the likes of Wichita State in the second game of the NIT tournament, but the end of the game was amazing. Vandy was up by 3 with something near 23 seconds to go. Wichita gets the ball and gets to their side of the court and proceeds to run the clock down to around 4 seconds before getting fouled. Wichita makes the free throw, purposely misses the bonus shot, and grabs the rebound to score and tie the game up with literally .7 seconds left in the game. What happens next can only be described as "Memorial Magic." (Vandy plays in Memorial Gymnasium)

Vandy somehow found an opening, passed the ball the length of the court and turned and shot. The backboard let up with the ball in the air... The ball glanced off of the glass, then the rim and dropped through the net to win the game for Vandy by 2. The crowd went nuts. You'd have thought Vandy just won the NCAA tournament. I rushed the court, along with two other people I went to the game with. Then I went home to watch it all on ESPN sportscenter where it was the 2nd best play of the day according the sportscasters. As it was probably the last basketball game I'll get to attend during my tenure at Vandy, I couldn't have asked for a better night.

After that and a few other amazing moments tonight, it's hard to be too upset about anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home