Staffman Rocks

Hardworking attorney / man of the people / super-hero to fans of 1963 Ford Fairlanes.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Last Day of Freedom

Ok folks. We're down to the point where we can count the hours without actually billing them. I'm sure you'll want to know how I spent it, so here goes:

1. finished out the wine collection. I am locked, stocked, and ready to rock, vineologically speaking. I now have: 30 bottles of miscellaneous red (yay wine bar), 8 bottles of miscellaneous white (yay special wine refrigerator), 2 bottles of port (yay incompetence when originally purchasing red wine), 2 bottles of champagne (one of which is from France and came in a box... that one's for "the ladies", but neither are Spumante... I have yet to find the appropriate liquor store for a Spumante purchase), 1 bottle of Drambuie.

2. sat barefoot on the balcony and played guitar, occasionally making up songs about passersby. Here's an example, spawned from a guy getting into a new SuperCrew F-X50 (don't know if it was a 1 or a 2):

For those of you who can play along, the first part has accompanying chords

(D two beats each) I love, (G) this truck
(D) It brought me, (G) a lot of luck
(D) And a title (G) I won't see (A hold for 4 beats) for six years.

It's got, four doors
But I don't know, what for
'Cause all I haul anymore is ass.

My Triton, V-8
Makes sure, I'm never late
But it sure takes a lot of gas.

Chicks don't, look at me
Like they did, in '93
Except when I'm in my Ford

Got a two inch, extra lift
Underneath the stock, suspension bits,
To make up for where I was shorted by the Lord.

3 Talking to various people including my brother, my former coworkers, and my friends via telephone and the internets...

4. Thought about going to an Edwards / Darfur rally, then I learned it was really a Darfur rally. I don't know about that mess. We have a mess and a half here and three or four messes in Iraq to deal with... I'm not sure where to prioritize that mess... Plus,

5. Doin' laundry. I've got loads and loads to do.

All in all, an exciting day.

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't look at you in '93.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Staffman said...

Now Gauri, that's a bald faced lie... You know I was hot with my eighth grade hair... Plus, I was channeling Ford truck guy, who was middle aged.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Noose and Goose said...

Holy crap - was looking for a friend on the blog spot - trying to get our trip together for Chattanooga this week and found you instead - lol - it is Rebecca Gross's mom. Hope all is well - AJ turns 3 on May 14 swiming, running and trying to ride his bike - he is growing too fast -take care - Carla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home