Staffman Rocks

Hardworking attorney / man of the people / super-hero to fans of 1963 Ford Fairlanes.

Friday, March 25, 2005

The Danger of Blog-Surfing

Ok, so I'm thinking "blogging is great... I should read some other blogs." I start by reading my friends blogs, and then simply click on the "next blog" button.

In my "next blog" button adventure, I get to meet a 13 year old kid who can't spell but wants me to be his friend. Apparently he moves a lot and is lonely. I'm sad for him, but not sad enough to send him an email or waste more than 2 minutes on his blog. Next I get some crazy lady who owns horses and keeps bashing "guys." Well, darling, maybe if you didn't rely on dudes you met in a bar in your hometown in Maine things might turn out better.

So far, the blog adventure had been at best a diversion from Wills and or Trusts and at worst boring. At no point did it come close to approaching dangerous but, oh how quickly the tide turned.

I'm sitting in class, and thank god I sit in the back row because all of a sudden I find myself at this site: http://fkyleslife.blogspot.com/ (Do NOT go there if there are children around or if you don't like to stare at a dude's junk in a public setting. Also, I have reports that Mr. Frank Andbeans's website does not always put the pictures in the same order... you may have to scroll down.) So now I'm sitting in class with a picture of a dude's baby's arm on my screen. Great. If I don't get slapped with harassment, I'll have all sorts of invitations to the "disco" this weekend for some appletinis. Worse, I suddenly get stuck in some kind of movie inspired time warp. You know that scene where the bad guy fires a bullet and all of the sudden slow motion kicks in and the good guy is caught saying "nooooooooo" for like half an hour? It was like that, but with my trying to get Johnny No-Pants off of my screen.

Ladies and gentlemen, I don't want to judge others. I don't think that I'm a homophobe, a racist, or a bigot. I think my biggest prejudice is class-based. Regardless, what I came across was out of line. That dude has the responsibility, no, the duty, to put some clothes on and quit being ridiculous. What if that 13 year old lonely dude came across that site? Who knows how much psychological damage would be inflicted on a lesser man. I'm pretty sure the horse lady would be more than down with Mr. F. Kyle, but the needs of the many, man, the needs of the many.

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger TheRealDookie said...

Well, you can call me prejudiced (everyone else does), but I don't like dudes (coming close to) threatening women, gay guys forcing me to look at their packages, or guy-bashing femi-Nazis. I'd like to show them all why hollow-point pellets travel faster and leave larger welts than the original!

And, for somebody who does have a duty to report, I'd like to note that Mr. Kyle apparently has revealing pictures of "junior high" age males on his site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home