Staffman Rocks

Hardworking attorney / man of the people / super-hero to fans of 1963 Ford Fairlanes.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Question

This one's quick, and, loyal readers, I hope you respond. I have a question: I told a guy at work about a girl I had proposed to but she said "no." To be fair, she didn't actually say "no" but, instead just cried. I then went to a strip club. The next day she called and asked for the ring but I said, "It's sort of a one time deal."

Anyway, I told the guy about this. Here's the question: Everyone at my firm knows that I've been engaged a solid two times. Not everyone knows that I've proposed three. I got pissed at this guy for violating guy code and disclosing this. Am I wrong? (To be fair, he was drunk both when he learned of this and when he spread it... right in front of me).

Let me know. Because he's leaving on a clerkship soon, and, if I'm wrong I don't want to be a dick, but if I'm right, I may never talk to dude again.

4 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger TheRealDookie said...

I say:

Judgment: Violation. Unless said secret was disclosed in an extremely flippant manner, such as you screaming it, or attempting to tell a crowd of people, and the guy was merely passing it on to those who did not hear in the first time, this is a big violation. However, knowing you and the situation, this does not appear to be the case. It seems to me like this is some dude just wanting attention and not caring who he tramples to get it. Dick. Sentence: I want his kneecap.

But, I feel compelled to add that should the disclosure of this story among your co-workers result in a hot listener providing you with sympathy relations, such sentence may be lowered to probation. After all, we are not communists.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Staffman said...

Man how I miss thee.

None of your saving graces apply, though I am certain now, more than ever, that you are smarter than I.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I must agree with therealdookie. The only other piece of information I might consider is whether this dude is a nincompoop or ne'erdowell and perhaps didn't realize that the guy code applied in this situation or that others didn't know?? Probably not the case. I also vote he's an attention seeking dick. I would enjoy his other kneecap and one eyelid.

Note: I prefer the other kneecap because at that point walking in any manner would take place only in Dick's dreams... which probably would be far and few between with only one eyelid. On a positive note Dick would receive the great deal of attention he seeks, buuut probably not of the sorts he had in mind.

(insert mental image of Dick missing two kneecaps and one eyelid trying to mack on some honeys... haha.. not pretty.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home